Fresh juice business can be very rewarding and a good way to earn extra income. Starting a fresh juice business at home may seem daunting, but on the contrary, you already have all you need to set up a fresh juice at home. I believe in humble beginnings. That’s how we started!
Starting a home fresh juice business can be a very daunting task if you don’t know what to do. It’s very simple, by the end of this write-up you will be bursting with confidence and the needed information to help you get started. To start a home fresh juice business you will be the following appliances:
Appliances and tools
- Chest Freezer: Every home in Ghana owns at least one chest freezer, This is a very important appliance. This will serve as a means to keep your fresh juice from going bad. Refrigeration is very important in the fresh juice business.
- Juicer: A juicer is a must-have for any juice business. They are many brands and types of juicers on the market. Get one that will not break the bank. A topmatic juicer will be a good one to start with.
- Blender: A juicing business is never complete without a good and robust blender. You will need the blender to liquidize fruits and vegetables like passion fruit, Mango, ginger, beets, etc. A good blender will pay for itself over and over again. A typical commercial blender should cost you about GHC 300. Check out this blender here.
- Measuring cups and bowls: Juicing making involves a lot of precision. To ensure a consistent taste and flavour you need to make sure you are measuring and using exact quantities of fruits and vegetables. These are readily available in shops all over the country. At the end of the write up there will be an extensive list of all the items you will need. Keep reading.
Branding your juice
Branding is very important in every business venture. As a home business, you may not have funds readily available to print flashy labels and use fancy packaging, that should not deter you from setting yourself apart with a few nicely designed in-expensive labels. Visit a PET bottle producing company. Browse through their collection of bottles and choose a bottle that appeals to you and is practical to use. Don’t go overboard and spend a lot. These bottles are usually sold in packs of 100. A pack or two should do.
Marketing and Sales
Marketing your juice is next after you have established your working space and started production. You don’t need a lot of space for this. The best place to start out is the kitchen. Yes, start from the kitchen. Make sure it’s very clean and tidy. Make sure to set aside all juice making items and appliances from normal kitchen appliances. The best places to start marketing your juice is the church, friends and family and colleagues at your workplace. Tell them about your juice and offer them samples of your juice. Word of mouth moves fast. Offer juice to your children’s ministry (Sunday School) at church. You should have others coming in, in no time. Sales may be slow on the on-set but trust me, they will pick up after time.
Social media is a very good way to advertise and market your juice, post pictures of your juices on your social media pages. Your whats app status is a very fantastic and useful place to advertise your juices. Visit my Instagram to take a look here.
At this stage, it’s too early to start thinking about the FDA, but what you can do is to go for a health screening that certifies you as healthy to handle consumables. You will be presented with a green coloured card. This is usually handled by the Metropolitan Assemble in your region. Those in Accra can head towards any AMA office, you will be instructed as to what to do. It’s very inexpensive.
Sign up for a one-on-one juice making class here. All your questions are welcome, kindly post them in the comments section and I will get to them. It’s never too late to start something. Start now!
Home Fresh Juice Business Appliance and Tools List
- Chest Freezer
- Measuring cups and bowls
- Chopping boards and knives
- Electronic Scale
- Storage containers (gallons and bottles)
- Dedicated scrubbing brush
- Commercial Blender
- Stainless steel top (Formica works fine)
- Strain bags
- Trash bags
- Trash bin
- Ice chest
- fruit crates or baskets